Thank you for presenting a breakout session at the 2019 UMSI Summit! You play an integral part in the success of the Summit as we gather the UMSI community together. Your ideas, expertise, and wisdom will equip and inspire the teachers, administrators, and other leaders attending the Summit. If you have questions about breakout sessions, please direct them to our events team (firstname.lastname@example.org). All session presenters will receive a discount on the registration fee.
Before the Summit
We will put your session information into our online event program called Cvent.
- We will get this information directly from you or your administrator from the submitted form.
- All attendees will use Cvent to view the schedule & read descriptions of sessions.
Register for the conference.
- Visit the registration page here.
- Complete the form as an attendee.
- At checkout, apply the presenter discount code you received in the email confirming your session(s).
- All attendees will be able to see your profile and the session(s) you are presenting.
- Every presenter needs to log into Cvent and upload a profile photo for the speaker page.
Create your presentation.
- PowerPoint, Google Slides, & Prezi are great presentation tools.
- If you would like to include the new NAUMS/UMSI logo in your presentation, please download it here. Please do not use the old NAUMS logo.
- Please bring your laptop to the Summit to present. All session rooms will have a projector and an HDMI cable to connect to laptops.
If you choose to bring materials and/or handouts for your session, we suggest bringing 40 copies and/or uploading the digital files into your session via Cvent.
Do not use copyrighted materials without necessary permission and/or proper documentation of those resources.
- If you reference books, articles, quotations, or items found online (either verbally or in written materials), please reference the source.
- References can be placed on individual slides or on one slide at the end of the presentation.
Please proofread all materials, handouts, or presentations you plan to utilize/distribute.
During the Summit
It is imperative that all presenters are mindful of the time their session begins and ends, and that they stay on schedule. Because there are only fifteen (15) minutes between sessions, presenters need the full fifteen minutes to make the transition from one session to the next.
If your session attendees have more questions than time allows, encourage the attendee(s) to meet you during a meal or email you with their questions so you can respond in more depth.
Conclude the session on time — no exceptions!
Room hosts will ensure that participants scan their badges on the way into the session. This documentation is imperative for awarding professional development hours to session attendees. If no scanner is available, please have your session’s participants “check-in” to the session via the Summit app.
At the beginning of your session, please introduce yourself. Clearly state your name, position, and school, as well as your session title, and provide contact information for attendees to contact you with questions following the Summit (we suggest providing an email address). During question and answer segments, please repeat any questions voiced by attendees before you answer the question.
In the Room
Each breakout session room is equipped with the following:
- HDMI cable*
If you have a computer that does not have an HDMI port, please bring your own HDMI adapter with you to connect to the projector.
Did you know the name University-Model® is trademarked? This means only schools that are members of NAUMS can truly call themselves a University-Model® school and use this protected, trademarked name.
To protect this trademark, it is important that anytime the name University-Model is used, it is used correctly. When using the full name for the UM, please keep the following guidelines in mind.
University-Model should always have the first letter of “University” and “Model” capitalized. When the word “school” is included alongside the trademark name (i.e., when referencing as a particular or physical school instead of this model in general) the word “school” should remain in all lowercase letters.
Always use a hyphen to separate the words University and Model: “University-Model®.”
The registered trademark symbol ® must be used in the first instance of using the full trademark “University-Model®. Subsequent uses on the same page need not carry the registered trademark symbol, but if the trademark is used on additional pages, the symbol must accompany the first use on each new page. The symbol does not appear after the abbreviation “UM.”
When abbreviating the full trademark, it should be written as a UM or a UM school. When referring to plural University-Model® schools using the abbreviated format, the correct usage is “UM schools.”
We appreciate your willingness to help guard the appropriate use of the University-Model® trademark. Thank you for doing your part to maintain the integrity of this model of education and to use the trademark name correctly and consistently. If you have any questions about the trademark information, please contact Barbara Freeman at email@example.com.