Website Coram Deo Academy
Christian. Classical. Collaborative.
Coram Deo Academy’s Plano, TX location is seeking a Campus Headmaster. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the campus faculty and staff, the daily operations of the school and the implementation and enforcement of district policies and procedures as they relate to the campus. Working closely with the school faculty and staff, s/he fosters an environment that achieves a climate of collaboration and academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment. S/he will report directly to the CDA President and will work in partnership with a strong leadership team as well as with a passionate and committed faculty on the Collin County campus.
Coram Deo Academy hires individuals that profess the historic Christian faith. The Nicene Creed describes the minimum understanding of and subscription to Christian belief required of employees of the Academy. Every employee must also profess to be a Christian believer and subscribe to this statement. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, Coram Deo Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with the Academy’s mission and statement of faith.
Essential Job Functions:
Headmaster Leadership Duties:
- Promote and model CDA’s mission, vision, and values, and successfully implement current CDA policies and procedures.
- Implement the vision of CDA on the Collin County campus and provide effective leadership, inspiring and motivating those engaged in the activities of teaching and learning.
- Liaise with the Executive Team in the recruitment and selection of teaching and support staff.
- Create a learning environment in which the resources of CDA are effectively managed to secure the achievement of both staff and students.
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of the Collin County campus faculty and staff, campus resources, and building.
- Foster engagement and partnerships with the Collin County CDA community, including employees, current and prospective families, and alumni.
- Develop and sustain an organizational structure which ensures the highest standards of effective functioning.
- Build a culture within the vision of CDA which takes into account the Christ-centered approach to education and mentoring.
- Ensure the health and safety of the staff and students are fully adhered to through compliance of policies and initiatives.
- Complete performance reviews of the campus principals, staff, and faculty reporting directly to the headmaster.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team, CDA Board, and campus leadership, providing information, objective advice, and support to enable the campus to effectively accomplish the CDA mission.
- Implement and enforce the requirements, policies, and procedures designated to the headmaster in the Administrative Policy Handbook, Student Handbook, and the Crisis Management Manual.
- Maintain a calendar to communicate important school events.
- Ensure timely and effective communication with faculty and staff.
- Host monthly faculty meetings.
- Address communication issues between faculty, staff, and families.
- Other duties as assigned.
Financial Management Duties:
- Delineate appropriate priorities for expenditure, allocating funds effectively within the context of the campus budget and campus improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with the CDA Board to manage agreed budget expectations, ensuring effective administration and value is achieved.
- Support initiatives by executive leadership and the CDA board to secure additional resources to enhance campus operations.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree required.
- Doctorate degree preferred.
- Experience recruiting and deploying staff.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Experience with classical, Christian education environment.
- Experience with University Model learning environment a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for CDA’s mission, vision, core values and goals.
- Strong knowledge of classical, Christian education.
- Exhibits high, moral character and personal habits with a demonstrated Christ-centered servant leadership style.
- Strong commitment to raising standards.
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on details.
- Skilled in the utilization of Microsoft Office programs, including O365, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Alignment with Coram Deo Academy’s mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to build community with a focus on healthy and positive relationships.
- Willingness to listen and hear all members of the CDA community as they navigate a period of transition.
- Dedication to collaboration, transparency, and accountability as a leader.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and growth and communicate those to the CDA Board.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships.
- Ability to remain positive and enthusiastic, including when under pressure.
- Ability to work in an environment that supports direct communication, peer accountability and collaborative decision-making.
Coram Deo Academy offers an exceptional culture and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 6 Full Vacation Weeks: Fall Break, Thanksgiving, Christmas (2 Weeks), Spring Break, and July 4th Week
- 5 One-Day Holidays: Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Memorial Day, and Labor Day
- Personal/Sick Leave: 40 Hours-5 days (1st year) and 80 Hours-10 days (2nd year)
- Masters Reimbursement Program: 75% reimbursement for tuition costs up to $20,000.00 for approved degree plans
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical Insurance covered at 75% for employee only & 50% for employee plus dependents
- Retirement Plan – Up to 3% match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance of $30,000.00
- CDA Employee Tuition Benefit: $12,000.00 or Signature Core tuition for two students (up to a $22,475.00 benefit)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com