Virtual Learning “Online Teacher”
POSITION: Virtual Learning “Online Teacher”
APPLY ONLINE: https://www.coramdeoacademy.org/about/employment
Class Description: Openings for 5th-10th grade online classes: Science, Geography, English, and Math
Coram Deo Academy Statement of Faith
Coram Deo Academy hires individuals that profess the historic Christian faith. The Nicene Creed describes the minimum understanding of and subscription to Christian belief required of employees of the Academy. Every employee must also profess to be a Christian believer and subscribe to this statement. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, Coram Deo Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with the Academy’s statement of faith.
- Demonstrate the love of Christ and encourage students in developing a relationship with Him
- Demonstrate Christian love, faith, truthfulness, and virtue in all facets of life and teaching
- Demonstrate a Biblical understanding of authority
- Demonstrate skill in training, instructing, and disciplining children focusing on the heart
- Work to build the school community toward a love of Christ and one another
- Commitment to Biblical peacemaking
- Teach students in a manner consistent with Christian principles and classical philosophy and pedagogy
- Communicate regularly with administration and parents, responding in a timely manner
- Post assignments and grades according to school policies and practices.
- Actively participate in faculty meetings and district meetings
- Complete CDA’s Teacher Certification Program per policy (if required per class-load) and pursue additional continuing education requirements
Essential Job Functions:
- Create lesson plans using the principles from The Seven Laws of Teaching as a guide
- Maintain online grades in CDA Connect per policy
Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance.
- Manage student behavior in the online classroom with a focus on habit training
- Evaluate students’ class work and assignments
- Prepare online classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Record and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with CDA parents using positive, proactive communication needed for this University-Model ™ approach
- Create a vibrant teaching atmosphere
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org