Website Veritas Academy
Management of the accounting function of a Christian school which includes, but is not limited to the following: performing accounting/bookkeeping; administering payroll for faculty and staff; and performing other administrative duties as directed by the Head of School.
Essential Personal Qualities
- Have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior and believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living.
- Be in whole-hearted agreement with Veritas Academy’s Statements of Faith and Mission.
- Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others. (Luke 6:40) This includes being committed to God’s biblical standards for sexual conduct.
- Be a Christian who is, and will remain during the period of employment, an active member of a Christ-centered church, growing in his/her Christian relationship with God, and actively practicing and exhibiting Christian principles of the Christian faith; seek to role-model in speech, actions, and attitude a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ; set an example of the importance of spiritual discipline; and encourage students in the importance of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and growing in their faith.
- Be spiritually mature and consistently maintain a daily devotional and prayer life
- Recognize the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their children’s education and be prepared to assist them in that task.
- Reflect the purpose of the school, which is to honor Christ in every activity.
- Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance, initiative and punctuality, while balancing the presence of everyday stress.
- Maintain a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste, and in agreement with school policy and approach work with the attitude of a servant.
Essential Professional Qualities
- Possess a strong knowledge of personal computers, specifically around the Microsoft Office suite of programs, QuickBooks, the Internet and E-mail.
- Be proficient with full-on bookkeeping skills and utilizing sophisticated accounting software, specifically QuickBooks.
- Have the ability to collect, combine, analyze and present data.
- Use acceptable English in written and oral communication.
- Display good people skills.
- Possess good decision-making skills and respectfully submit to constituted authority.
- Refuse to use or circulate confidential information inappropriately or to engage in gossip.
- Notify the administration of any policy he/she is unable to support.
- Posses a high school diploma, preferably a bachelor’s degree, along with 5+ years of related experience in bookkeeping.
- Be a self starter that can anticipate needs and form solutions.
- Be organized and able to effectively multi-task.
ACCOUNTING AND BOOKKEEPING
- Use existing systems and develop or improve new ones in order to file and maintain accounting paperwork.
- Prepare and process appropriate purchase orders, check requests and petty cash forms, including entering “cash” transactions made by the board and staff.
- Provide pre-defined or ad-hoc accounting reports as requested to be used by the administration, the Board of
- Trustees and other outside third parties.
Collect receipts of all cash and checks (from tuition and fees, add/drop fees, books and supplies sales, donations, etc) and enter receipts into the school’s accounting software and/or the school’s information management system
- Copy, stamp and prepare all checks for deposit.
Coordinate with the school’s tuition management services (currently FACTS Tuition Management) to track and report on family balances.
- Collect invoices, obtain proper verification/authorization, and enter them into existing accounting system using established procedures.
- Assist the Head of School and Board in the budgeting process
- Distribute and collect appropriate paperwork on behalf of the school’s tuition management provider.
- Work with the Development Director to run donation reports, deposit donations and print receipts as all donations come in.
- Work with Head of School to obtain necessary insurance (e.g. property, liability, workers’ compensation, directors’ E&O, et al).
- Maintain a schedule of insurance policies and files, and monitor to avoid lapses in coverage.
- Monitor cash balances and transfer money as needed to/from Money Market Account and Operating Account
- Take deposits to the bank.
GENERAL & ADMINISTRATIVE
- Represent Veritas Academy in a courteous, friendly and professional manner to families, the community and other Christian organizations that come into contact with the school.
- Assist the Head of School and the Board in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
- Learn and utilize the school management software, currently RenWeb, and perform functions needed for accounting contact management and report generation.
- Proactively continue to further his/her education and knowledge by attending conferences, workshops and/or school of instruction at the Head of Schools request.
- Support the broader program of Veritas Academy by attending extracurricular activities when possible.
- Handle work which deals mostly with people, objects, equipment in a general setting; depth perception and field of vision are important.
- Bend, stoop, twist, turn, reach, lift (up to 50 pounds), carry, pull, push, climb, and kneel.
- Recognize differences in sound, such as voices/noises that are loud and playful instead of angry and combative; ability to differentiate tones and volumes in conversation.
- Use up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force continuously to move objects and/or people.
- Perform child restraint as necessary.
- Perform duties with moderate to no supervision though the supervisor is usually available; most tasks are governed by standard practices; however some are not; therefore, innovative thinking is required.
- Handle multiple tasks with energy and good organizational skills.
- Drive assigned vehicle with appropriate state driver’s license; follow all laws applicable.
- Take CPR and first aid.
- Maintain sufficient good health to properly discharge duties consistently; employees who have an infectious disease or skin lesion shall not be permitted to work for the duration of the communicability.
The purpose of this job description is to describe the basic function, major responsibilities/tasks, and essential functions of each job so that employees can better know what is expected of them. The descriptions also provide information useful for recruiting, training, and performance appraisal. This document does not create an employment contract, nor does it modify the at-will employment status of all employees. This job description is not meant to inhibit employee creativity or innovation. It may be revised when necessary.
Veritas Academy has a racially nondiscriminatory employment policy. Veritas Academy does not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com