Website Veritas Academy
Title: Development Manager
Reports to: Advancement Director
Status: Part-time (18-24 hours per week)
The Development Manager will develop and implement opportunities to meaningfully identify and engage donors to support and further the mission and ministry of Veritas Academy—this includes leading annual giving initiatives and fundraising events, processing and reporting donations, managing the school’s donor database, creating strong relationships with alumni and the community, and supporting capital campaigns. This position plays an integral role within the Advancement Office, which is led by the Advancement Director in advancing the school’s mission and vision through a coordinated and collaborative effort among admissions/enrollment, donor and alumni relations, marketing, and communications.
Duties & Responsibilities
Fundraising & Event Management
– Plan and manage all school wide alumni and fundraising initiatives, including but not limited to annual Alumni Homecoming events (Tailgate & Halftime Walk), 12 Days of Giving (Bless Our School & Bless Our Teachers), Defender Dash, class reunions, gala, etc.
– Recruit, oversee, and collaborate with community volunteers, serving as the administrative liaison.
– Lead in sourcing and communicating with vendors, reviewing contracts, and managing payment.
– Manage event promotion, registration, corporate sponsorships, company match programs, etc. and provide reports as needed.
– Oversee all functions of the donor database to ensure accurate gift entry, acknowledgements, pledge reminders, honor/memorial gifts, and matching gifts.
– Produce donation data and reports, reconciling with the Business/Accounting Office.
– Prepare, review, and distribute year end giving summaries for all donors.
– Manage donor data and update constituent information as needed.
– Provide financial reports and analytics as necessary.
– Direct donor acknowledgement, including written, phone, and in-person.
Alumni & Community Engagement
– Strengthen relationships with Veritas Alumni and grandparents and further develop programming and engagement opportunities.
– Enhance existing relationships while building new relationships, systems, and programs that further tap into the generosity and resources of the community.
– Educate volunteers on the Veritas fundraising philosophy and practices.
– Proactively work with the Advancement Director, Athletics Director, Fine Arts Director, Class Trip Volunteers, et al. to coordinate fundraising plans and strategies.
– Support the Advancement Director in additional fundraising efforts, including capital campaigns, corporate and foundation funding opportunities, and ancillary programs.
– Assist with additional functions of the Advancement Office such as Open Houses, fundraising events, etc.
– Regularly attend staff and department meetings and participate in professional development when requested to support the mission and vision of Veritas Academy and to keep informed of best practices for fundraising to help Veritas operate with intention and innovation.
– Prepare regular development report for board meetings.
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Personal Qualities
– Have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior and believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living.
– Be in whole-hearted agreement with Veritas Academy’s Statements of Faith and Mission.
– Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and action toward others (Luke 6:40). This includes being committed to God’s biblical standards for sexual conduct.
– Be a Christian who is, and will remain during the period of employment, an active member of a Christ-centered church, growing in his/her Christian relationship with God, and actively practicing and exhibiting Christian principles of the Christian faith.
– Be spiritually mature and consistently maintain a daily devotional and prayer life.
– Recognize the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their children’s education and be prepared to assist them in that task.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
– Experience in fundraising and coordinating fundraising events.
– Servant Leadership and experience in shepherding others.
– Highly ethical, particularly in working with confidential or sensitive information.
– Demonstrated hands-on experience and proficiency with Excel, Word, and Google Workspace applications.
– Ability to communicate effectively and present information in a variety of ways to many constituents.
– Experience with FACTS products or donor database systems preferred but not required.
– Detail-oriented and highly organized; able to manage time-sensitive and competing workloads.
– Committed to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional, collaborative teams.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
Required Education and Experience
– Minimum of 2 years experience in fundraising and development.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
– Experience working in an educational environment and/or nonprofit organization.
– Take CPR and first aid training and be willing and able to render such aid when necessary.
– Occasionally required to bend, stoop, twist, turn, reach, lift (up to 50 pounds), carry, pull, push, climb, and kneel.
The purpose of this job description is to describe the basic function, major responsibilities/tasks, and essential functions of each job so that employees can better know what is expected of them. The descriptions also provide information useful for recruiting, training, and performance appraisal. This document does not create an employment contract, nor does it modify the at-will employment status of any employee. This job description is not meant to inhibit employee creativity or innovation. It may be revised when necessary.
Veritas Academy has a racially nondiscriminatory employment policy. Veritas Academy does not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org