Website Veritas Academy
Preschool Teacher Job Description
Title: Preschool Teacher
Reports to: Head of Grammar School
The Preschool Teacher will be expected to use valid teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals that positively affect student learning, integrate Biblical principles and a Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum, and to role model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Reflect the purpose of the school, which is to honor Christ in every class and in every activity.
– Cooperate with the Board and Administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
– Demonstrate basic understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge normally acquired through attainment of a bachelor’s degree or higher in related field; at least 3 years of prior related experience is preferred.
– Understand and be proficient with using school management information system, particularly FACTS.
– Demonstrate a mastery of the subject material assigned.
– Teach classes as assigned following the prescribed scope and sequence as scheduled by the Head of School (Grammar).
– Integrate biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
– Keep proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises for a good teaching environment.
– Maintain a clean, attractive, well-ordered classroom and comply with host requirements to clean classroom and store supplies at the end of each school week
– Prepare and post all weekly lesson plans on FACTS according to deadlines designated by Head of School (Grammar) and Department Heads. These plans should clearly explain and outline the satellite classroom time supervised by parents at home, using this time effectively for drill, review, enrichment, discussion, or project work.
– Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students, challenging each to do his/her best work.
– Use valid teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals and positively affect students.
– Employ a variety of instructional aids, methods, and materials to provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child – spiritual, mental, physical, social, and emotional.
– Plan through approved channels the balanced use of field trips, guest lecturers, and other media.
– Assess the learning of students regularly and provide progress reports as required by submitting Report Cards at the end of each trimester, in accordance with deadlines implemented by the Head of School (Grammar or Upper)
– Maintain regular and accurate attendance and grade records using FACTS to meet the demands for a comprehensive knowledge of each student’s progress.
– Proactively communicate with students, parents, and the administration concerning each student’s performance, providing sufficient notice of deficiencies and failure.
– Follow established guidelines for dealing with students, parents, administration, and staff.
– Represent Veritas Academy in a favorable and professional manner to Veritas Academy’s constituency and the general public.
– Develop and maintain rapport with students, parents, and staff by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
– Follow the principles of Matthew 18 in dealing with conflict with students, parents, staff, and administration without engaging in gossip or divisive coalition building of any kind.
– Comply with all Veritas Academy policies and procedures and attend and successfully complete all required meetings/trainings including but not limited to parent conferences, faculty meetings, devotions, school functions and trainings.
– Know the procedures for dealing with emergency situations and participate in all fire, lock down and other emergency drills according to Veritas safety protocol.
– Prepare adequate information and materials for a substitute teacher.
– Work with appropriate Academic Assistant to communicate any classroom needs throughout the school year.
– Complete the Professional Growth Plan process as prescribed by your Department Head and Head of School (Grammar).
Supervise extracurricular activities, organizations and outings as assigned.
– Utilize educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth.
– Provide input and constructive recommendations for administrative and managerial functions at Veritas Academy.
– Support the broader program of Veritas Academy by attending extracurricular activities when possible.
– Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the administration.
Required Personal Qualities
Have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior and believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living.
Be in whole-hearted agreement with Veritas Academy’s Statements of Faith and Mission.
Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and action toward others (Luke 6:40). This includes being committed to God’s biblical standards for sexual conduct.
Be a Christian who is, and will remain during the period of employment, an active member of a Christ-centered church, growing in his/her Christian relationship with God, and actively practicing and exhibiting Christian principles of the Christian faith.
Be spiritually mature and consistently maintain a daily devotional and prayer life.
Recognize the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their children’s education and be prepared to assist them in that task.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form.
Proven ability to quickly and efficiently identify problems and find solutions.
Excellent relationship building skills in order to develop rapport with administration, faculty members, parents, and students.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher
Preferred Education and Experience
Maintain a current CPR certification.
Veritas Academy has a racially nondiscriminatory employment policy. Veritas Academy does not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org