UMSI academic resources include a variety of materials, templates, and information that will support school officials in practical and useful ways:
- Selecting and evaluating curriculum choices
- Implementing curriculum development and alignment for all subjects and grade levels
- Providing strong professional staff development for instructors
- Personnel evaluation
- Implementing a successful and thorough college advising program
- Maintaining effective student assessment
- Preparing for successful UMSI certification and school accreditation
The members’ Academic Resources page features sample materials provided by established University-Model® schools across the nation. Below is a listing of some of the documents available to UMSI member schools.
- Academic policies relating to administration, college visits, guidance counseling programs, parent roles and responsibilities, and more
- Admissions resources such as sample applications, interview forms, acceptance letters, rejection letters, enrollment contracts, information packets, admission policies, and more
- Classical school resources include documents such as “Classical Core Course Curriculum Sample” and “What Does a Classical Classroom Look Like?”
- Curriculum materials include several curriculum map templates and samples, sample core course curriculum, and more
- Several sample employee handbooks
- Employment materials such as sample applications for employment, employment contracts, letters of intent, salary schedules, and more
- Multiple job descriptions for academic advisors, administrators, assistant principals, deans of family education, deans of student life, and teachers
- Professional development sample training schedules for both teachers and parents
- The school board also has resources such as a sample school board manual, a school board orientation PowerPoint, and sample school governing bylaws.
- A School Catalogs, Calendars, and Schedules section includes sample school schedules.
- Teacher evaluation resources such as sample walk-through observation forms, pre- and post-observation forms, teacher evaluation process examples, and templates for teacher evaluation.