Starting a UM School
Many Christian parents find the choice between public and private schools to be limiting and disconcerting. College entry has also become increasingly competitive in recent years. The University-Model® solves these problems by offering a high-quality, college-preparatory education in a context that emphasizes discipleship, worldview instruction, and character formation.
Steps to Follow in Developing or Transitioning to a University-Model®
- Through prayer, believe that God is calling you to implement a University-Model® school.
- Read the introductory information and the book Character Driven College Preparation.
- Schedule a conference call with a UMSI representative by sending an email to Amy Morren at email@example.com.
- Apply for membership in UMSI (we will provide you an application after the conference call).
- Attend a New School Development Workshop and follow the New School Development plan to implement the initial stages of school development.
- Promote the school in your community.
- Open your University-Model® school!
- Stay abreast of new developments by attending all regional and national events.
Developing and Transitioning Schools Are:
- Distinctly Christian
- Embrace the UMSI vision, purpose, and philosophy
- Utilize a university-type schedule and structure
- Use the UMSI Certification Standards as a guide when opening or transitioning the school
- Work toward UMSI Certification within a two-year period
- Once certified, become eligible for school accreditation